The 1956 Buick stop lights are controlled by a hydraulic switch mounted in the master cylinder. The switch is closed by hydraulic pressure when the brakes are applied. The stop light circuit is protected by the 9 ampere “Direction Signal” fuse mounted on the fuse block under the cowl.
Either 1951 Buick lighter is heated by pressing the knob in until it latches; the knob will automatically unlatch and return to “off” position when heated to proper temperature.
The combination tail, stop, and direction signal lamp on each rear fender contains one 32-4 CP lamp bulb which provides a 4 CP tail light and separate stop and direction signal lights which use the same 32 CP filament. The 1956 Buick tail lights are controlled by the lighting switch and the circuit is protected by the switch thermo circuit breaker.
Each front parking and signal lamp contains one 32-4 CP lamp bulb which provides a 4 CP parking light and a separate 32 CP direction signal light. The pins on lamp bulb and slots in socket are offset to prevent improper installation of bulb in socket. The 1956 Buick parking light is controlled by the lighting switch and the circuit is protected by the switch thermo circuit breaker.